CLICK HERE to register with your myactivecenter account for SWESA Welcome Week (Tuesday September 7 to Friday September 10, 2021) and to learn more about this complimentary program offering. CLICK HERE for more information as shown in our August 23 – 27 weekly bulletin (scroll down in the bulletin to see Welcome Week section).
CLICK HERE to view the Summer (August) 2021 Program Guide, posted on July 20, 2021.
Early this year SWESA was successful in receiving a grant from the Edmonton Community Foundation, this grant has allowed us to explore new ways of offering programming in a manner that reassures seniors and staff of a safe environment. Part of the grant was devoted to bringing Hybrid Fitness Classes to SWESA members. The definition of a Hybrid Fitness Class is where participants are online and in person in the same class at the same time. Some of the many benefits to participating in a Hybrid Class are listed below:
- Provides options for members – If you are not comfortable yet with coming to the center for a class, you could participate virtually in the safety of your home.
- If the weather were bad in the winter, you could safely participate at home and not have to brave the cold.
- If you are a snowbird, (Post COVID-19 of course) you could participate virtually in your favorite classes and keep connected with your friends while you are away.
- Running late and don’t have time to drive to the center, it’s ok, you could just log in and still be able to participate in your class virtually.
If you have questions about the Hybrid classes call April at 780- 860-2856.
If you are not already familiar with Zoom, here are some resources to get you started:
- CLICK HERE to view an introductory 5-minute YouTube video that shows you how to join a zoom meeting using information that you have received in an email message.
- CLICK HERE to view a more advanced YouTube video, 30 minutes, that has more information including how to set up your own Zoom meeting using a free or paid Zoom account.
- CLICK HERE to view a handout for the Zoom Introduction class presented to SWESA members earlier this year.
- CLICK HERE to view a file that tells you how to connect your device (laptop, phone, etc.) to your TV for easier viewing.
- Blue Quill Community Centre (BQCC), 11304 – 25 Ave NW, CLICK HERE for the map.
- Terwilleger Community Recreation Centre (TCRC), 2051 Leger Rd NW, CLICK HERE for the map.
- Yellowbird East Community Centre (YECL), 10710 19 Ave NW, CLICK HERE for the map.
Our office is located at Blue Quill Community Centre. Office hours are 9:00 am to 4:30 pm.
If you have suggestions for programs that you would like to see as part of SWESA, please email them to firstname.lastname@example.org